Jul 30, 2014

HOLLY MADISON : «I'M A PIG !».

In the rich countries of the world, how many women have spent their life ten pounds away from happiness ?  Well, maybe we should say "twenty pounds away from happiness" when those ladies obsessed by their weight are older than 40 years of age...  Beauty is so important when you are a female.  It almost defines you as a human being.  In other contemporary societies, like the ones in Africa; and 300 or 400 years ago, in Europe; you are or you were a beautiful woman if you have or had a curvy and round body.  If you were fat it was because you were rich enough to buy a lot of food.  Then, in these harsh times, you were among the happy few.  And you were proud to show it !  Times have changed...

Now, if you are a woman in the show business in North America or in Europe, you must not be overweight.  It's not good for your image and image is almost everything.  They call it "show" business for good reasons.  Ordinary women want to look like the stars they see on TV shows, in films, or in fashion magazines.  They dream or they are jealous of their fame and their wonderful body.  They feel miserable because they lack the will or are unable to exercise and eat less or better.

Not all the stars in Hollywood or on Broadway are slim or in perfect shape.  For one, former reality show star Holly Madison, has experienced many problems with diets and overweight.  She became a mother last year but, even before that, she said that she was not ashamed when she had failed to make the necessary efforts in order to be in her best shape and look like...the PLAYBOY girl she was from 2003 to 2009.  «If I could have a Barbie body», she once said, «which has no cellulite, I totally would.  I would like to have a flatter stomach, but that won't happen either.  I'd rather be overweight and curvy than super thin with no curves.  I'm proud of my body».  Easy to say when your name is Holly Madison !


Madison became a star thanks to her talent, and...cosmetic surgeries !  She does not hide the truth.  Holly had a breast augmentation and her bust measurements went from an A-cup to a D !  The one who was born Holly Sue Cullen, on december 23, 1979, in Astoria, Oregon, knew what she was doing when she had this surgery.  In 2011, she took a $ 1 million insurance policy on her breasts with Lloyd's of London.  It was three years after she almost became Hugh Hefner's wife.  Then, she was starring in a topless show called "Peepshow", at PLANET HOLLYWOOD, in Las Vegas.  She explained : «I though I'd cover my assets».  About her one million insured breasts, she added : «I think its kind of funny.  I think they're getting the credit they deserve.  They're my primary money makers...»


We can say that she has a good sense of humor !  She knows that it's crucial for her to look sexy but, sometimes she likes to forget her diet, whitout feeling guilty !  Being overweight does not prevent her to wear her little bikini on the beach !  Maybe, unlike other stars, Madison does not become obsessed or sick about her weight because, as a student at Portland State University, in her younger years, she majored in both theater and psychology.  She learned how to deal with her personnal problems.  «I love chicken fingers.  I love French fries.  I love desserts.  I'm not just into dessert or just into savoury food.  I love it all.  I'm a pig.  I love food».  She loves animals too and she assumes who she is !  The former "Girl Next Door" is not the typical dumb blonde.  In 2006, she wrote articles for a friend's magazine ("The Coolest Little Pet Magazine") and in April 2007 Holly was featured nude in a PETA advertisement, with the tagline «I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur».  Of course it was not new or difficult for Madison to pose in her birthday suit !  When Holly was performing for PLAYBOY, she also worked behind the camera as a photo editor.  Later, when she had her own reality show (HOLLY'S WORLD), she was also a co-producer.

Only fools don't change their mind.  During her love affair with Hugh Hefner, Madison said that she wanted to marry him and have his children.  In an interview with PEOPLE, on March 4, 2009, after the end of this relationship, Holly stated : «I'm never dating anybody again.  I don't need a man.  I'm really happy with myself and being with my friends... I'm focused on forwarding my career.  I'm working on producing my own shows.»  One year later, she was dating Jack Barakat, a member of the band ALL TIME LOW.  It did not last very long.  In 2011, she met Pasquale Rotella and fell in love with him.  In 2013, he became her husband and the father of their daughter, Rainbow Aurora Rotella.  Life changes, weight and priorities too...

No comments:

Post a Comment